[RDD] Installing A Touchscreen on Appliance 2.8.1

Cowboy curt at cwf1.com
Fri Dec 12 14:47:11 EST 2014

On Friday 12 December 2014 02:04:33 pm Chris wrote:
> I had to use the ttySx device that was associated with my video display
> (video usually sits on higher irq assignments (9, 10, 11). So you'll
> probably want to try ttyS1 or higher instead.  For my system it was ttyS2.

 Typically, ttyS0 is the first motherboard real serial port, which may exist
 on the motherboard, but not be wired.
 ttyS1 is typically the second motherboard real serial port.
 After that, it gets dicey.

 If your OS uses HALD, then the tty won't exist unless the port
 exists, so ls /dev/tty* could yield the correct current assignment.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

The best thing about growing older is that it takes such a long time.