[RDD] GPIO Driver Ubuntu 14.04

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Fri Dec 5 15:57:55 EST 2014

Hi,

I had some run ins with this in 12.04 and sadly I don't have good news.
I worked around the configure script kernel issues and then had to
change some code calls to get it to work as some kernel calls were
dropped and changed over the years.

Sadly even after all of this the closest I got was an installed module
that although it never crashed, it didn't actually do anything.

My C skills are fairly weak so I didn't know where to turn after this.
Would be interested to know if anyone had any progress in this area.

FYI there is also a difference between the PCIe and PCI card.  The
driver is only for the PCI card.  Fred did explain that it was doable to
swap to PCIe but again weak C skills meant it wasn't something I had
time to pursue.

I ended up sticking with Debian 6 and isolating the machines from the
rest of the network/internet.

Regards,

Wayne