[RDD] Local Audio Switch

Bruce Lee Mones brucelee.mones at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 02:46:08 EST 2014

Help.

I need to have local audio switcher working on a local machine to play
streamed audio via rivendell switched by RdAirPlay (ST and SR) but
unfortunately i can't seem to have it work but instead, the audio of the
stream output gets played out of the audio out port even with RdAirPlay is
playing cart (overlapping audio).

What I've done (using
http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/How_do_I_make_Rivendell_play_Audio_from_the_%22Line_In%22_of_the_Sound_Card_on_the_air%3F
as reference):

1. Created switcher using local audio device via RdAdmin --> Manage Host
--> Switchers/GPIO --> Add (Matrix 0, Local Audio Adapter) --> (Card 0,
Inputs 0, Outputs 0)
2. Created Stream On Macro Cart (ST 0 0 0!)
3. Created Stream Off Macro Cart (SR 0 0 0!)

Cart is working, it's just the audio from RdAirPlay and LineIn both plays
off the audio out of the sound card.

By the way, the audio device is an onboard intel. OS is OpenSuSE 11.4
(don't ask :) ), Rivendell 2.10.2

Have I done something wrong or is this not supported anymore or do I need a
delta 44 card?

Thanks in advance.

Regards to all.