[RDD] OT Asterisk Phone Interface

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Fri Oct 25 13:56:50 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've been making a phone interface for Studio and phone answerer use
over the last 3months.  I don't get a lot of free work time but its been
making steady progress.

If any of you rely on Asterisk as a backend and don't mind running Java
on machines, it might be useful for you.

Please note this is very early days as all the setup for databases etc
is manual at the moment.  It requires Asterisk, MySQL and an XMPP server
(I'm using Elastix in a VM).

Would be interested to know if this is useful to anyone and possibly if
anyone is brave enough to test it.  It should be functionally complete
over the next couple of weeks, there are only minor bugs that I know of
at the moment (stupid things like a caller being on a Warning alert, the
icon shows up correctly but the drop down box defaults to Banned).

Screenshot would have got eaten by the mailing list so can be found here:
http://thevoiceasia.com/phone.png

The plan is to put this into production over here sometime before
Windows XP dies next year.  I've tested it on Windows and various forms
of Ubuntu so far.  Any questions feel free to get in touch.

Regards,

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia