[RDD] Rivendell v2.4.0

ICR Programs programs at ithacaradio.org
Mon Jan 28 21:32:45 EST 2013

Hello Fred and all,

Thanks for your work on the updates and indeed, the Rivendell System.

I upgraded, but have what I hope is a slight problem.

I used the Package Updater -- it had a notification up about the updates --
and it installed fine.

I then opened RDAdmin, typed the user name "admin" and wasn't sure what to
do next in order to update the database schema (which is now, according to
System Info, Rivendell Version 2.4.0; Database schema 216).

I did try to do a backup of the database, and that gave the error "Unable
to create backup"

I then went to Terminal, typed "rddamin" and got this:

Terminal Output:

[rd at icr-dj-desktop ~]$ rdadmin
mysqldump: Got error: 1016: Can't open file:
'./Rivendell/Weekday_6_AM_CLK.frm' (errno: 24) when using LOCK TABLES

What should I do now, please?

Thanks,
Rene

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>wrote:

> On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to
> announce the availability of Rivendell v2.4.0.  Rivendell is a
> full-featured radio automation system targeted for use in professional
> broadcast environments. It is available under the GNU General Public
> License.
>
> From the NEWS file:
> *** snip snip ***
> If upgrading from a v1.x version of Rivendell, be sure to read the
> 'UPGRADING' file before proceeding for important information.
>
> Changes:
>    New Translation.  A Czech [CS] translation has been added by
>    Pavel Fric <pavelfric at seznam.cz>.
>
>    New Cart/Cut Purge Option.  A new option has been added in
>    RDAdmin->ManageGroups to allow empty carts to be automatically deleted
>    after purging.
>
>    New Reports.  'NPR SoundExchange' and 'Music Playout' reports
>    have been added in RDAdmin->ManageReports.
>
>    Multiple bug fixes.  See the ChangeLog for details.
>
> Database Update:
>    This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 216, and will
>    automatically upgrade any earlier versions.  To see the current schema
>    version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.
>
>    As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
>    any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied.
> *** snip snip ***
>
> Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:
>
> http://www.rivendellaudio.org/
>
> Cheers!
>

> |-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |               Chief Developer               |
> |                           |               Paravel Systems               |
> |-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |           Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man.             |
> |                                          -- Bucy's Law                  |
> |-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                          "Democracy is not a spectator sport"

                    Ithaca Community Radio -- 88.1 FM in Ithaca
                                WRFI 91.9 FM in Watkins Glen
                                     WINO 89.9 FM in Odessa

News, Culture & Information from our Neighborhoods and the World

*Phone*: 607.319.5445
*Email*:  programs at ithacaradio.org
*Web*:    http://ithacaradio.org/

Mailing address: