[RDD] Confused: RLM Icecast2

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Mon Jan 28 14:10:01 EST 2013

Hi all,

This is probably something trivial that I've misunderstood.  I'm trying
to get riv to send the now playing data to an Icecast 2 server.  The
audio is already being fed by an external machine hanging off the end of
the broadcast chain.

After enabling rlm_icecast2 under the host now and next nothing seems to
actually happen.

Heres what I did up until now:

rdadmin -> edit hosts -> myhost -> rdairplay -> configure now and next

Inside there are fields for IP addresses, I ignored all of those and
added an RLM to be loaded.  Browsed to rlm_icecast2 and then gave it an
argument of: /home/myuser/icecast.conf

Inside icecast.conf I copied the source/conf/rlm_icecast2.conf and
edited it to the following:

[Icecast1]
Username=source
Password=my_password
Hostname=ip_of_icecast_server
Tcpport=8000
Mountpoint=/stream
FormatString=%t
MasterLog=Yes
Aux1Log=No
Aux2Log=No

Saved everything and quit airplay.  Loaded it back up and played a
random song with no change to the now playing info.

The groups have now and next enabled, are there any logs I can look at
which might shed some light on the situation?

I've looked in syslog on the riv client and the icecast machine as well
as the icecast log on the icecast machine with no luck.

Regards,

Wayne