[RDD] M-Audio Audiophile 192 card

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Jan 28 07:18:35 EST 2013

On Jan 27, 2013, at 16:32 49, Rob Landry wrote:

> If I understand this right, it wants to record 32-bit (!) PCM. That can't
> be right; is there a configuration setting I missed?

No, that's quite correct.  That card uses an ICE1712 chipset, which natively supports only PCM32.  The correct 'ALSA' approach for using 16 bit data with it is to use the plug layer, something like:

	arecord -t wav -r 44100 -c 2 -f S16_LE -D plughw:1,0 bs.wav

As it happens, Rivendell natively supports 32 bit PCM, hence it can deal with this card without the need for workarounds.

|    Take care of the molehills, and the mountains will take care of      |
|    themselves.                                                          |
|                                 -- Motto of the Federal Civil Service   |