[RDD] Problem with database connection

waynemerricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Sat Jan 26 15:29:25 EST 2013

Not as far as I'm aware or at least nobody else has complained around
here about it.

Its not a problem for the Riv appliance as CentOS is a few versions
behind on MySQL.  As you found out its only really when you start using
Wheezy or Ubu 12.04+ as a base that you get problems.

Its something to look at for riv as a whole moving forwards as Innodb
is a good driver to use as it has better data integrity.  I guess a
really simple solution would be to split the services table into two, I
don't really know if you can increase the Innodb max row length.  Thats
a google for another day.

Failing that setting the Riv code to explicitly create the tables with
MyISAM is probably a good start.

Regards,

Wayne