[RDD] Question on Clocks+Grids

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Fri Jan 25 08:06:47 EST 2013

On Friday 25 January 2013 06:51:30 Andy Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm running a 24x7 automated setup on Rivendell 2.3.0 using automated
> events+clocks+grids
>
> The issue I've got is on the hour we take a news feed, so we rigidly
> have to have our news jingle play coming up to the hour (59:50).
> To try and do this in Events I have:
> Music category (Nothing special here, import from MUSIC, UseAutoFill
> checked)
> NewsIntro category (Use hard start time checked, start immediately,
> transition if previous event ends: Segue, PRe-IMPORT carts has the
> jingle to play)
>
> The clock I've created fills the hour with music, (Not sure if this is
> right) but I've created multiple entries like this:
> Music start 00:00.0 end 03:00.0
> Music start 03:00.0 end 06:00.0
> Music start 06:00.0 end 10:00.0
>
> (and so on, creating some longer gaps than others).
> Then at the end of the hour:
> NewsIntro start 59:50.0 end 59:59:9
>
> Run this and it loads up, looks OK but it appears the music isn't filled
> up right and ends too early, so it triggers the newintro too early, or
> randomly near the end of the hour, so for example it triggers 1 minute
> before, 30 seconds before, 1minute40 seconds before, etc.
>
> Am I missing a key here?

No expert here and not speaking from personal experience but from memory of
other list posts I think it would be good for you to overfill the hour with
music. Perhaps put all 3 minute songs with some 2 minute songs at the tail
end of the hour. (Assuming your songs average 3 minutes.) You need to make it
basically impossible for the music to run out before the hour ends.

I need to try this myself so I can speak from experience next time.

all the best,

drew