[RDD] Rivendell 1.72 Ubuntu 10.04 "Unable to create backup!"

Geoff Barkman countryradio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 15:43:27 EST 2013

Hi There
I'm getting a rather obscure message when I try to use the rdadmin
Backup tool for making a backup of my database.

I had my database set to back up every week on a particular day... and
I noticed that the weekly backup file was only 805 bytes in size
instead of the usual 49000kb that it normally is. So I thought I'd try
the rdadmin tool. And get the error message box "Unable to create
backup!".
Any idea where to start checking so I can back up the system again?
I do have mysql admin installed so i can log in using that... but i
guess something is at fault with the database.

Many thanks
Geoff