[RDD] Streaming Troubles with edcast_jack

Joseph Matthews xcintryx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 12:32:29 EST 2013

Thanks to all of you who provided input on this matter. Special thanks to you, Wayne, for the excellent tutorials you have provided! My ultimate solution was to upgrade to Wheezy (it seemed logical since most of liquidsoap's dependencies were Wheezy packages). I was not able to get the liquidsoap init to work, but I am able to start it from the JACK post-start script just fine. The broad functionality of liquidsoap is very nice, although its configuration is somewhat less than straightforward. Liquidsoap sends the stream to a local Icecast server, which is relayed by Live365. Metadata updates directly to Live365 via rom_shoutcast.

Thanks again everyone!

Joey Matthews
Beautiful 97 WRSA-DB
Sparkling music. All day, all night, all the time at http://beautiful97.com/