[RDD] Streaming Troubles with edcast_jack

Joseph Matthews xcintryx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:48:53 EST 2013

I'm not working with sc_serv, it's Live365's "nanocaster" or whatever they call it. And as mentioned previously, Live65 can be very finnicky. They are a tremendous thorn in the side, but I have to live with it for the time being at least.

Joey Matthews

On Jan 3, 2013, at 9:34 PM, Tim Camp <timc at wnsp.com> wrote:

> Funny, cause I run dark ice into sc_serv for shoutcast
>
> On Jan 3, 2013 8:41 PM, "Joseph Matthews" <xcintryx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I forgot to add that the connections are as follows: Rivendell -> JACK -> jack-rack -> edcast_jack
>
> Joey Matthews
> xCinTryx at gmail.com
>
> On Jan 3, 2013, at 8:39 PM, Joseph Matthews <xcintryx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was using a sound card with ALSA, but it's not needed. I am currently running in dummy mode and find the same results either way.
>>
>> I had initially tried darkice a couple of years ago but was never able to get it working in SHOUTcast mode. As I recall, Icecast worked fine. Live365 requires a SHOUTcast stream.
>>
>> Joey Matthews
>> xCinTryx at gmail.com
>>
>> On Jan 3, 2013, at 8:00 PM, Tim Camp <timc at wnsp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> sorry to jump into the stream and not be of any help, however I am very curious as I keep hearing people saying over and over there having trouble with darkice or that darkice works fine and then after a while stops working or crashes.
>>> Reason I am curious about this is I have been running darkice on 6 different streams for over 2 years and they have never stopped. Could it be that the problem is not with darkice but actually with Jack, Maybe overruns, Also I think the important question is, Is there an audio card involved?, Is alsa involved?, the reason I ask is my 6 streams which have been up for over 2 years are running dummy in Jack. Straight from Rivendell into darkice. Just questions I know, sorry.
>>>
>>> On Jan 3, 2013 6:17 PM, "Joseph Matthews" <xcintryx at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> $ ps -u
>>> Warning: bad ps syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See http://procps.sf.net/faq.html
>>> USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
>>> 1000      2257  0.0  0.5   7980  5372 pts/0    Ss   12:59   0:01 -bash
>>> 1000      2970  0.0  0.2   5664  2984 pts/1    Ss   16:29   0:00 bash
>>> 1000      3047 28.5  8.1 114224 84004 pts/1    SLl+ 16:35  27:46 edcast_jack -c