[RDD] Streaming Troubles with edcast_jack

Patrick Schmalstig / WRRJ Radio xanaftp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 15:10:55 EST 2013

What problems do you have when you tried Darkice?

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Joseph Matthews <xcintryx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have been using edcast_jack for over a year to stream to Live365 and
> have had no trouble with it until recently. The stream has started
> periodically skipping or disconnecting. edcast_jack reports "ringbuffer
> full, tried to write 512, but available 511". Thus far I have been unable
> to find the cause of this problem. I have tried different combinations of
> settings in JACK (frames/period, etc.) and tried to renice the edcast_jack
> process, but the problem persists.
>
> I would consider using the SHOUTcast transcoder, but I can't figure out
> how to configure it to use JACK as its input device. I have never had any
> luck using darkice, and liquidsoap doesn't seem to me like the right tool
> for the job.
>
> Is anyone able to point me in the right direction to get edcast_jack
> working properly again? If not, can someone suggest a means by which to
> have the SHOUTcast transcoder register with JACK so that I can make the
> connection?
>
> I appreciate any help you can provide. I have searched and searched the
> net with no luck thus far.
>
> Thanks,
>
> *Joey Matthews*
> xCinTryx at gmail.com

Signed,
Patrick Schmalstig
Founder/Administrator of WRRJ Radio
https://www.wrrj.org

please remember: some of my emails are delayed 24 hours before I send them
out in order to give me time to check the content of my emails. Please call
me at 937-490-9775 if you need a faster reply.