[RDD] Playing MP3 Streams

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Wed Sep 26 07:49:30 EDT 2012

Hi,

Coming from a different angle, liquidsoap could achieve this and handle
the fail over.

I'm assuming that the satellite signal can be fed into a sound card
somewhere via ALSA (you can use JACK).

#Grab the ALSA input it defaults to the default ALSA device:
satellite = input.alsa(id="liquidsoap_in")

#Get stereo audio source from the given URL
mp3backup = (input.http("http://pathtomp3stream/stream"):source(2,0,0))

# Silence Detection, plays after 20 seconds of silence
liveFeed = strip_blank(satellite, length=20.0)
liveFeed = fallback(track_sensitive=false, [liveFeed, mp3backup])

#Output it to ALSA
output.alsa(id="liquidsoap_out", liveFeed)

You'll have to play with this a bit because this is off the top of my
head it might moan about stereo/mono and fallible sources.

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia

On 25/09/12 21:39, WBHM Web Operations wrote:
> We have a need to have the ability to play an MP3 stream as a backup when we lose satellite signal.  We're using the latest RD v2.
>
> What are other people doing to handle this?

#######################
Scanned by MailMarshal
#######################

############

Attention:

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended
for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error
or there are any problems, please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. Christian Vision or any of its subsidiaries will
not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party
or as a result of any virus being passed on. Please note that we reserve
the right to monitor and read any e-mails sent or received by the
company under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulation 2000. Christian Vision is
registered in England as a limited company 2842414 and as a charity
1031031