[RDD] New wine and old wineskins

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Sun Sep 23 07:10:06 EDT 2012

So, not being able to solve the level problem, they've asked me to build
a new machine.

I have to use RD 1.7.2, as that's what the rest of their machines use.

However, Debian 6 ("Squeeze") won't install; it can't see the hard drive
via the new motherboard. Googling reveals that this SATA chip isn't
supported by that kernel version.

So, on to Debian 7 ("Wheezy"). That installs just fine... but it doesn't
include QT3.

I can compile QT3 and install it from source, but Rivendell won't compile
with it. I get a lot of errors, and I'm guessing maybe libqt3-mt-mysql
isn't included in the QT3 source.

OK, so maybe I shouldn't be putting an ancient version of Rivendell on a
new machine, but even the current version of Rivendell requires QT3... so,
have any of y'all been able to install QT3 from source and get Rivendell
to work with it?

Rob