[RDD] Slightly OT: Headless JACK and Upstart Scripts

Wayne Merricks WayneMerricks at TheVoiceAsia.Com
Sat Sep 22 13:40:42 EDT 2012

Liquidsoap handles failure quite well, with regards to icecast just add the restart = true flag (it defaults to false) in the liq file.

E.g.

output.icecast(
	%mp3(stereo=false, samplerate=44100, bitrate=64),
	liveMono,
	description=icecastDescription,
	genre=icecastGenre,
	url=icecastURL,
	name=icecastTitle,
	mount=icecastMountPoint,
	host=icecastHost,
	password=icecastPassword,
	port=icecastPort,
	on_start=jackConnect)

becomes:

output.icecast(
	%mp3(stereo=false, samplerate=44100, bitrate=64),
	liveMono,
	description=icecastDescription,
	genre=icecastGenre,
	url=icecastURL,
	name=icecastTitle,
	mount=icecastMountPoint,
	host=icecastHost,
	password=icecastPassword,
	port=icecastPort,
	restart=true,
	on_start=jackConnect)

I also like the fact that upstart has the respawn flag.  I sat there randomly killing the processes of everything involved and it recovered fine.