[RDD] Low playback level

Wayne Merricks WayneMerricks at TheVoiceAsia.Com
Wed Sep 19 19:56:27 EDT 2012

I'm not sure with the audioscience stuff but doesn't everything come back to alsa in the end? Have you tried the standard alsa-mixer?

I think its installed via alsa-tools or alsa-utils I can't remember which.

-----Original Message-----
From: rivendell-dev-bounces at lists.rivendellaudio.org on behalf of Rob Landry
Sent: Thu 20/09/2012 00:20
To: rivendell-dev at caspian.paravelsystems.com
Subject: [RDD] Low playback level

One of my RD 1.7.2 machines had a hard drive problem, so I transferred the
sound cardd into an old ex-server and reinstalled RD 1.7.2 there. The
level coming out is at least 10 dB lower than before, and I can't figure
out why.

I'm running an AudioScience card with hpklinux-4.04.07 (the same version
as in the machine that died), and the card is the same physical card,
moved from the dead machine to the replacement.

Same RD version, same sound card, same driver; why is the output level
low? Is there a way to set levels on Audioscience cards that I don't know
about?

The OS is Debian 6.0; the OS on the former machine was Ubuntu 9.04.

Rob

#######################
Scanned by MailMarshal
#######################

############

Attention:

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended
for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error
or there are any problems, please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. Christian Vision or any of its subsidiaries will
not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party
or as a result of any virus being passed on. Please note that we reserve
the right to monitor and read any e-mails sent or received by the
company under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulation 2000. Christian Vision is
registered in England as a limited company 2842414 and as a charity
1031031