[RDD] Python module for Rivendell

Sébastien Leblanc seb at sebleblanc.net
Wed Sep 19 17:12:33 EDT 2012

Hi there,

I wanted to let you all know that I am working on a Python module for
Rivendell. For the moment, it does not do much, but I plan to add many
features. It is currently in active development. You can get it on
Github ( http://github.com/sebleblanc/python-rivendell ).

If you encounter any problems with it, do not hesitate to fill an
issue on the bug tracker (
http://github.com/sebleblanc/python-rivendell/issues ) or to ping me
on the mailing list.

Right now, what might be of interest is the "normalize.py" utility,
which allows one to normalize carts according to loudness levels as
set by EBU R128 standards. Required is libebur128, and sox if you
actually want to modify the files on the hard drive. (by default it
updates the "play_gain" value in the CUTS database table)