[RDD] Can't import audio - Invalid URL]

Cowboy curt at cwf1.com
Thu Sep 13 12:35:52 EDT 2012

On Thursday 13 September 2012 11:09:27 am Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> When I first started to look at Rivendell, it struck me as strange that there was so much variation between distros, that there were large blog like pages, covering the installation procedures.

 Why ?
 Today, when anyone can be a "star" by writing their own operating system,
 the surprising thing is that there are *only* 600 or so different operating systems
 that all run over the Linux kernel. ( including mine )
 With so many people all running in different directions, there should be
 no surprise that there are such wide variances.

> The "appliance" version seems to be the most attractive for people without
> experience in Linux administration.

 And that's why it was created !

> But even it can have problems depending on what you do to edit certain files.

 So can anything at all.
 That's why pertinent documentation is so important.
 That's also why rolling your own, although remaining an option,
 isn't necessarily always a good idea.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

"Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't
immune to bullets"
		-- The Brigader, "Dr. Who"