[RDD] sound panel / hotkeys swapping

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Thu Sep 13 07:43:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

Glad to know it didn't break anything (not that it should have but you
never know).  I work for a small radio based just outside of Birmingham,
England which broadcasts on Short wave to India and Pakistan.  Due to
the weirdness of the sun and the fact we're satellite linked to the
transmitter site in Uzbekistan we get all sorts from around Europe,
Northern Africa, bits of the middle east including Iraq and Afghanistan.

We even made it to bits of china on a random sun spot day.  Up until
recently one of the main techs was from somewhere near Christchurch so
I'm well versed with the New Zealanders way of pens, pins and pans.

The most important thing I learnt was always to ask New Zealanders what
part of Australia are they from? (I know you guys love it really).

Regards,

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia

On 13/09/12 10:23, Geoff Barkman wrote:
> Hi Wayne
> I tried out your Rivendell Hotkeys Java Panel changer applet... it
> works real well... and it's so easy to use.
> What part of the world are you in? So I can let the Boss know that
> Wayne from country name helped me fix it and made the application.
>
> Swapping the 50 banks around only took me about 5 mins... and it was
> all fixed :)
> Many thanks
> Geoff Barkman
> Dunedin
> New Zealand
>
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Geoff Barkman <countryradio at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Wayne
>> Its incredibly easy.
>> I made a second Rivendell user with similar privileges to the default
>> user and a 2 line macro that I have on a handful of my hotkeys banks.
>> It uses the LO Login macro
>> Line 1 LO user2 password!
>> Line 2 LO user password!
>>
>> And just replace the word password with your actual password. It takes
>> about 1 - 2 seconds to refresh your buttons. I have trained all my
>> operators to never click the button at the point where rdairplay is
>> transitioning from one song/event to another. The only time it doesn't
>> work is if you add more hotkey/soundpanels to your rdairplay.
>> Cheers
>> Geoff
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Wayne Merricks
>> <WayneMerricks at thevoiceasia.com> wrote:
>>> If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the buttons to refresh? Is it a MySQL lookup and a whole bunch of Load Panel (PE) macros?
>>>
>>> I've been trying to figure that out without having to close and reopen airplay for a while.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Wayne

Scanned by MailMarshal