[RDD] Fwd: Can't import audio - Invalid URL

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Fri Sep 7 12:41:17 EDT 2012

Rivendell 2 uses Apache to import/export stuff to /var/snd.   My
understanding is that this way you don't have to open up /var/snd to the
entire world and it can be more locked down.

Unless you've changed settings for the host in rdadmin, the default is
to use the local apache service.  I believe you go to rdadmin -> host
you want to edit -> edit host

Then change HTTP Xport from localhost to the machine with the apache
service.  I normally leave apache on the local machine either way.

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia

On 07/09/12 15:39, Mike Thompson wrote:
> Thanks for responding Wayne,
>
> I won't be able to check this until Monday. It seems kind of odd to me
> that Rivendell would be dealing with apache, as on my install, I am
> not (to my knowledge..) doing any kind of web based anything. - But
> then I am a bit of a noob on Rivendell too.
>
> Additionally, my install is a client server based install as opposed
> to everything being on one machine. So should I look at the apache
> install on the client, or on the server?
>
> -- Mike

Scanned by MailMarshal