[RDD] Riv 2.2 [AudioStore] in rd.conf

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Sep 4 22:13:25 EDT 2012

On Sep 2, 2012, at 08:57 35, Wayne Merricks wrote:

> Just noticed a new option titled [AudioStore] in rd.conf in Riv 2.2.0.  I can't find any info on what it does (other than the educated guess) so thought I'd ask here.
>
> The lines are:
>
> MountSource=
> MountType=
> MountOptions=defaults
>
> I assume its for getting Riv to auto mount /var/snd from another location?

These are for use with the RDSelect module (which actually first appeared in v2.1.5).  The idea is to have mutliple RD setups (DB + audio store) and then be able to have a central production workstation easily switch between them.  To configure it, create a directory called '/etc/rivendell.d/' and then populate it with a set of configuration files in rd.conf(5) format that describe each target setup.  The files can be named anything, so long as they have a '.conf' extension.  The three 'Mount<X>=' directives are for the respective fields from the relevant  fstab(5) entry for mounting the desired audio store.  When RDSelect is started, you'll get a menu of all of the available systems.  When a new one is selected, the local RD daemons will be stopped, the old audio store unmounted, the new audio store mounted and then the daemons restarted using the settings as configured in the relevant rd.conf(5) file.

|          A room without books is like a body without a soul.            |
|                                         -- Cicero                       |