[RDD] Utility for converting from wav to mpeg L2

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Oct 19 13:26:38 EDT 2012

On Oct 13, 2012, at 23:35 58, Timothy R. Elwell wrote:

> That's apparently been taken out in the more recent version. RD will
> play ogg files and if they have segues from earlier versions of RD that
> allowed you to see the waveform it will utilize them. But, you can't
> edit any makers via the waveform editor. Had that problem myself and
> just wound up having to give up on that system until I have time to go
> back and reload all the music in mp2 format so I can edit the markers if
> needed.

Correct.  Vorbis in the core library has never been fully supported in stock Rivendell, although there were (are?) patches floating around the 'net that would allow it on 1.x.  2.x has support for playing cuts created with such a setup, but cannot create or alter them, it being the consensus of the community at the time that 2.x came out that ubiquitous MPEG L2 support made full Vorbis support moot.

|          A room without books is like a body without a soul.            |
|                                         -- Cicero                       |