[RDD] Remove audio cart

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Thu Oct 18 09:05:32 EDT 2012

Rivendell uses Apache and a web cgi script to do the
importing/exporting.  This was so that you could lock down the /var/snd
permissions.

It does seem confusing until you realise all you need to do is make sure
the Rivendell web components are in place correctly.

First things first, check to see you have the web files in place:
http://localhost/rd-bin/addcart.html

If you get a 404 error then the Apache config hasn't been put in place
properly (or the files aren't even there).

Usually on a source install you copy rd-bin.conf to /etc/apache/conf.d/
then restart the Apache service.  There is a gotcha in that if you
didn't specify the --libexecdir flag then the generated rd-bin.conf
won't have the right path settings and you'll notice it still has a
variable name in place (which obviously won't work).

The tricky part is depending on your distribution, the Rivendell web
files should be copied to different places (I'm not sure where they get
copied if you don't use the --libexecdir flag).

Suffice it to say you either copy them directly to something like
/var/www/rd-bin and then amend the rd-bin.conf appropriately or you copy
them somewhere in usr space and change the path in rd-bin.conf to
reflect that.

Ubuntu seems to like /usr/local/libexec but most other distros I've
tried just go straight to /var/www/rd-bin

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia

On 18/10/12 13:55, Matthew Chambers wrote:
> I know where /etc/rd.conf is but I've not seen a rd-bin.conf or
> rdexport. my /var/snd/ is set to be owned by the same user:group that
> the rivendell daemons run as and it is also chmod'd to 777 (everyone
> do everything)
>
> On 10/18/2012 7:12 AM, Alessio Elmi wrote:
>> That sounds more like a permissions problem... In my case GUI edit
>> and deleting are ok, but I wanted do it by script.
>> I think you should check rd-bin.conf setup, rdxport chmod/setuid,
>> var/snd owner/chmod... but I always have problems facing the real guilty.
>>
>> Alessio
>>
>> 2012/10/18 Matthew Chambers <matthewc at regionalradio.com
>> <mailto:matthewc at regionalradio.com>>
>>
>>     I am having trouble with deleteing and modifying existing carts.
>>     When I try to import a new cut, I get a URL Not Valid error
>>

>>     On 10/18/2012 3:07 AM, Alessio Elmi wrote:
>>>     You mean using the GUI? Of course it is the best way.. but I needed to
>>>     prepare scripts in order to give presenters more flexibility..
>>>
>>>     Alessio

> --
> --
> /Matthew A. Chambers, CBT/
> Assist. Broadcast Engineer
> *KWIX - KRES - KIRK - KTCM*
> 300 West Reed Street
> Moberly, MO 65270
>
> 660-263-1500
> FAX: 660-269-8811
> Cell: 660-676-3219
>
> www.centralmoinfo.com <http://www.centralmoinfo.com/>
>
> /Super Station KRES 104.7 FM/
> /Information Radio KWIX 1230 AM/
> /The Captain KIRK 99.9 FM/
> /Glory KTCM 97.3 FM/
>
> FlatCertLogoGradient_000.jpg
>

> /This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> the system manager. This message contains confidential information and
> is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
> addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
> Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
> this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you
> are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,
> copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents
> of this information is strictly prohibited./

#######################
Scanned by MailMarshal
#######################

############

Attention:

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended
for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error
or there are any problems, please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. Christian Vision or any of its subsidiaries will
not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party
or as a result of any virus being passed on. Please note that we reserve
the right to monitor and read any e-mails sent or received by the
company under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulation 2000. Christian Vision is
registered in England as a limited company 2842414 and as a charity
1031031