[RDD] Log generation problem

Sascha Ludwig sascha at radio42.de
Fri Oct 12 08:31:45 EDT 2012

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 07:20:29 -0500, Alan Smith <alansmith at flinn.com>
wrote:

> I found my issue (I think).  I have been messing with this since
> yesterday, and NOTHING I did would fix it.  Well this morning I went in
> and deleted my service name and created a completely new service name,
> and it works.  I *think* the problem was the service name I was trying
> to use "wxyz-fm".  I don't think it liked the dash.
Almost the same problem I had :)

But anyway, something like this should not happen.
If chars are not allowed, rivendell should reject them on creation :)
But it's not always so easy to validate all the inputs.
And maybe it's a small bug in log generation.

> Sorry I figured it out AFTER I posted!
NP :)
Finally showed me that I wasn't the only one.

Cheers Sascha