[RDD] RDCatch

Wayne Merricks WayneMerricks at TheVoiceAsia.Com
Tue Oct 2 09:12:09 EDT 2012

Hi,

If you can do the legwork for Rotter, I highly recommend it (in debian its just an apt-get install rotter).  I've had it running for over 18months in various forms and its never had a problem.

You can make rotter connect directly to different input lines on your sound card (so in your case you'd need 3 rotter processes for each part of the chain).  You might need to set up JACK to get the sharing working though.  I'm also not sure what hurdles the ASI card might throw in your way.

Regards,

Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: rivendell-dev-bounces at lists.rivendellaudio.org on behalf of Stan Fotinos
Sent: Tue 02/10/2012 14:02
To: Fernando Della Torre
Cc: User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
Subject: Re: [RDD] RDCatch

Hi Fernando

I am using a Audio Science card and I would like to use the asihpi
drivers. I would also like to run 3 logging machines, Off Air, Pre
Processor and Voice only.

Thank you

Stan

On 2/10/12 7:19 PM, Fernando Della Torre wrote:
> Hi, I have never used rdcatch as a logger, always used rotter
> http://www.aelius.com/njh/rotter/ for this purpose.
>
> Why don't you give it a try?
>

> Atenciosamente,
>
> *Fernando Della Torre*
>
> Tecnologia da Informação
>
> (: +55 16 8137-1240
>
> (: +55 16 9137-2886
>
> *: _fdts at vdit.com.br <mailto:fdts at vdit.com.br>_
>
> V.D.I.T. Soluções em Virtualização
>
> A utilização deste e-mail não implica em autorização ou outorga de
> poderes para seu usuário praticar qualquer ato em nome das empresas
> citadas, cuja representação considera-se válida se praticada
> exclusivamente por representante legal ou procurador devidamente
> constituído, na forma estabelecida em seu respectivo estatuto ou
> contrato social
>

> 2012/10/2 Stan Fotinos <sfotinos at rtrfm.com.au
> <mailto:sfotinos at rtrfm.com.au>>
>
>     Hi All
>
>     I have set up a computer with the Centos install disc and have
>     done all
>     updates just to run RDCatch on it as a logger. What I am finding
>     is the
>     recordings are constantly different in length eg 59.57.5 / 59.36.3 /
>     59.35.9 etc... I have set up RDCatch to use hard time start and end
>     times for every hour. Would anyone have any idea why this might be
>     happening?
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Stan

     recordings are constantly different in length eg 59.57.5 / 59.36.3 /

#######################
Scanned by MailMarshal
#######################

############

Attention:

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended
for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error
or there are any problems, please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. Christian Vision or any of its subsidiaries will
not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party
or as a result of any virus being passed on. Please note that we reserve
the right to monitor and read any e-mails sent or received by the
company under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulation 2000. Christian Vision is
registered in England as a limited company 2842414 and as a charity
1031031