[RDD] RDAirplay Problem - Text Disappears and Buttons Unresponsive

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Nov 19 16:19:01 EST 2012

On Nov 19, 2012, at 16:07 18, ICR Programs wrote:

> AUDIO ADAPTERS
>   Card 0: AudioScience 5042 [1]
>       Driver: AudioScience HPI
>       Inputs: 8
>       Outputs: 4

Hmm.  I'd be looking at flaky hardware (or possible driver issues, though I personally haven't seen that).

The JACK and ALSA setups can use significant amounts of resources (especially RAM), which I have seen cause symptoms like this on marginal systems.  Shouldn't be a problem with an ASI setup though, where one of the big advantages is that it offloads all of that from the main CPU.

|          A room without books is like a body without a soul.            |
|                                         -- Cicero                       |