[RDD] OT: Rotter question

Lorne Tyndale ltyndale at tyndaleweb.com
Tue Nov 13 09:56:10 EST 2012

Hi,

Check within alsamixer that you have the correct input selected and the
levels on that input are set, and that it is not set to mute.

Also check your jack setup. Sometimes it helps to start up one of the
Jack level indicators (something like meterbridge works well) and route
your audio input to it, so you can see if you're getting levels on the
input you're trying to record.

If you're getting an mp3 file which actually has some length, but
recorded silence, I would suspect an audio input issue.