[RDD] (no subject)

ICR Programs programs at ithacaradio.org
Thu May 31 18:38:12 EDT 2012

Thanks for the reply, Geoff!

We are using the RRAbuntu version that has Ubuntu 10.0.4 LTS and Rivendell
1.7.1

I will look into Podget, as that would be wonderful to automate downloads
as well as trying to figure out how to make drop boxes work for us.

I'm not super knowledgeable about *nix things but am comfortable using the
command line.  We've got a few friends who are much more knowledgeable
about this stuff and I'm sure they can help too.  So, if you have any tips
on setting things up, scripts or such that you're willing to share, that
would be wonderful!

Thanks so very much,
Rene

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Geoff Barkman <countryradio at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sometimes if you use mailing lists on gmail (it could be the same on
> other email services) your messages don't show up till someone
> replies. But if the list rejects you you'll soon know about it.
> What version of RRAbuntu are you using?
> Rivendell has a cool feature called drop boxes where you can set up a
> directory in your system that rivendell monitors... if it detects a
> new file it will import the audio automatically into a relevant cart.
> I use another Ubuntu program called "podget" it downloads podcasts eg
> democracy now.
> I get podget to activate several times a day (using crontab)...
> download new audio and then copy into a dropbox which Rivendell
> imports from the Democracy Now dropbox.
> Sounds like that is what you want? How familiar are you with
> configuring linux things?
> Many thanks
> Geoff Barkman
>

> >> Good day everyone,
> >>
> >> I just joined the list and wanted to say hello and ask my first
> questions.
> >>
> >> We are a community radio station that just is getting started.  We are
> >> using Rivendell as part of RAAbuntu to help us automate some of the
> >> necessary tasks for running a volunteer-run station.   Right now, we've
> >> figured out a fair amount of what we need to do in Rivendell, but there
> are
> >> a few operations that we have yet to get to work correctly for us.
> >>
> >> The two that have been giving me fits lately are these two:
> >>
> >> 1) get RSS available content with Rivendell?
> >>
> >> 2) connect to a Pacifca  ku audioport stream with Rivendell.  (I've been
> >> trying with RDcatch, is that even the right tool for this?)
> >>

> >> Here's the link address I'm trying
> >>
> >> <http://ku.audioport.org:37628/kuleft_128>
> >>

> >> and if you go to the RSS feed link:
> >>
> >> <rss version="2.0">
> >> <channel>
> >> <title>Democracy Now! Second Feed - Pacifica KuBand</title>
> >> <link>
> >> http://ku.audioport.org/mp3/kuleft_120530_080010dn2.mp3
> >> </link>
> >> <description>Democracy Now! Second Feed</description>
> >> <language>en-us</language>
> >> <lastBuildDate>Wed, 30 May 2012 13:59:49 GMT</lastBuildDate>
> >> <ttl>5</ttl>
> >> <item>
> >> <title>Democracy Now! Second Feed, Wed, May 30, 2012</title>
> >> <link>
> >> http://ku.audioport.org/mp3/kuleft_120530_080010dn2.mp3
> >> </link>
> >> <guid>
> >> http://ku.audioport.org/mp3/kuleft_120530_080010dn2.mp3
> >> </guid>
> >> <pubDate>Wed, 30 May 2012 13:00:10 GMT</pubDate>
> >> <description>Democracy Now! Second Feed</description>
> >> <category>News</category>
> >>
> >> <enclosure url="http://ku.audioport.org/mp3/kuleft_120530_080010dn2.mp3
> " length="57091568" type="audio/mpeg"/>
> >> </item>
> >> </channel>
> [...]

                          "Democracy is not a spectator sport"

                    Ithaca Community Radio -- 88.1 FM in Ithaca
                                WRFI 91.9 FM in Watkins Glen
                                     WINO 89.9 FM in Odessa

News, Culture & Information from our Neighborhoods and the World

*Phone*: 607.319.5445
*Email*:  programs at ithacaradio.org
*Web*:    http://ithacaradio.org/

Mailing address: