[RDD] (no subject)

Geoff Barkman countryradio at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:15:02 EDT 2012

Sometimes if you use mailing lists on gmail (it could be the same on
other email services) your messages don't show up till someone
replies. But if the list rejects you you'll soon know about it.
What version of RRAbuntu are you using?
Rivendell has a cool feature called drop boxes where you can set up a
directory in your system that rivendell monitors... if it detects a
new file it will import the audio automatically into a relevant cart.
I use another Ubuntu program called "podget" it downloads podcasts eg
democracy now.
I get podget to activate several times a day (using crontab)...
download new audio and then copy into a dropbox which Rivendell
imports from the Democracy Now dropbox.
Sounds like that is what you want? How familiar are you with
configuring linux things?
Many thanks
Geoff Barkman