[RDD] Timed log events and live sports events

Dave B. info at dbickford.com
Mon May 28 10:24:42 EDT 2012

After tinkering some more, I realized I was a bit confused with the way
Make Next timed events work. Even if the log is stopped a Make Next will
act as an Instant timed event if that event has a Play or Seque
transition. However, if the timed event has a Stop transition it behaves
as I was expecting. And in the real world this is indeed how the log
would be built. I also found a little script to be called with a macro
that will load the current day's log. That would be used in the cart
triggered by an end-of-game relay closure.
(http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/How_to_use_wildcards_in_the_logname,_using_the_RML_command_LL)
Good stuff!

Dave