[RDD] More dead air

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Tue May 22 21:16:07 EDT 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012, Fred Gleason wrote:

> What X server are you using?  Methinks this could just as likely be a resource leak in that as in x11vnc.

According to the log it is xorg-server 2:1.7.7-14 .

It's been running on two other Rivendell machines without a problem.

> If this is a completely unmanned site, have you considered using Xvnc
> (with the WM of your choice) for the RD desktop?

I am using Xvnc at some other stations. I didn't use it here because while
the site is unmanned, it is frequently visited by station personnel who
expect to see Rivendell running on the local machine and control it.

Rob