[RDD] Timed log events and live sports events

Wayne Merricks WayneMerricks at TheVoiceAsia.Com
Sun May 20 09:24:20 EDT 2012

The timed events will just shunt the log to that point.  You can always put a Stop transition on it.  Instead of re-enabling the timed events why not have the end of the Sports log trigger a play next of the main log?

If its completely automated, what is the signal that the sports events have finished with your current system?  Is it silence? A sports presenter pressing a button?

-----Original Message-----
From: rivendell-dev-bounces at lists.rivendellaudio.org on behalf of Dave B.
Sent: Sun 20/05/2012 13:00
To: Rivendell list
Subject: [RDD] Timed log events and live sports events

One last hurdle before I'm 100% convinced Rivendell can handle our
rather complicated programming (I'm 99% there now): Is there a way to
temporarily disable and re-enable timed events? The reason we would need
to do this is so any timed log events (such as an ID with a hard start
time) that are scheduled after a live sports event won't bail out of it
if that game runs over it's allotted time (and they often do run long).
With our current system the first log item of a sports event disables
any timed events and the last log item of the sports event re-enables
them. If this is not possible how do sports/talk stations deal with
variable length live sports programming and then rejoining normal
programming after a game? Automated with no board op of course. Or
perhaps Rivendell has a "window" of time or number of log items in which
it looks for timed events?

Thanks,
Dave

#######################
Scanned by MailMarshal
#######################

############

Attention:

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended
for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error
or there are any problems, please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. Christian Vision or any of its subsidiaries will
not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party
or as a result of any virus being passed on. Please note that we reserve
the right to monitor and read any e-mails sent or received by the
company under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulation 2000. Christian Vision is
registered in England as a limited company 2842414 and as a charity
1031031