[RDD] Testing GPI

Dave B. info at dbickford.com
Sat May 19 13:29:34 EDT 2012

I've read a few posts about people using USB joysticks for GPI's. I
thought I'd have a go at testing GPI's on my test installation using a
second USB mouse. I figured the two buttons would work as GPI's. I can't
seem to get it to work. When I plug in the mouse three items are added
to /dev/input (event1, event2, mouse0). I've tried them all as devices
when setting up a local GPI/O device in RDAdmin: /dev/input/event1,
/dev/input/event2 and /dev/input/mouse0. When running rdgpimon the GPI's
I set up are visible, but there is no activity when pressing the mouse
buttons. I tried stopping and starting the Rivendell daemons also. Is it
not possible to use mouse buttons as a GPI trigger?

Thanks,
Dave