[RDD] Streamdata (Song titles) to a shoutcast server

Tom Dawson Tom at TomDawson.co.uk
Thu May 10 07:42:36 EDT 2012

Not really a solution, but it has been working for us for nearly 3
months now :) Also on Ubuntu 10.04 with 1.72 here... I just leave two
terminal windows running in the background - one for streamupdate.sh and
and I manually start the netcat process with settings in the other, for
example:

netcat -k -u -l 6868 > /home/user/streamdata/song.dat

It's not especially elegant as there's a two terminal windows there, but
most of our presenters only use RDAirplay anyway so it isn't an issue
for us at present.

Come to mention it, I was testing this on another machine the other day,
and netcat did die for me whenever it was launched from a script. I.e.
it would save one title update to the song.dat file but would then end.
Thought nothing of it as I was just experimenting, but could be an issue
with ubuntu/netcat maybe?

I seem to remember Fred G mentioned something about RLMs for now/next
data, does anyone know if RD 2.X RLMs will work with 1.72? Or am I just
being daft?

HTH

Tom Dawson
FANTASY RADIO