[RDD] Streamdata (Song titles) to a shoutcast server

Geoff Barkman countryradio at gmail.com
Thu May 10 07:32:59 EDT 2012

I've been following the instructions on the Rivendell Wiki.

http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Streaming_from_Rivendell#Icecast2.2FShoutcast_Meta_Data_from_Rivendell

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with Rivendell 1.72
But netcat dies after a few mins of sending track titles to a shoutcast server.

I've modified as per the instructions...

NOTE: If you are using Ubuntu 10.04, due to changes in the netcat of
this version, you'll have to change the options passed to "nc" in the
"song.sh" file. Change

netcat -l -u -p $port > $songdat &

netcat -k -u -l $port > $songdat &

Anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?

Many thanks
Geoff