[RDD] Importing music & including timed events

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Tue May 8 21:30:07 EDT 2012

When you import from Music or Schedule systems you need EVENT's in the
LOG to accept the import data which tells RD 'What to Play" at that
event.

The EVENT is the arbiter of hard/soft time NOT the external scheduler.

You can have EVENT's in the LOG that don't necessarily happen unless
something is scheduled there.

You can create macros to tell RD to do things like 'Play This Next'
which we use for random events like traffic and inserts a cart in the
log if a suitably labelled track gets put in the dropbox. Our traffic
macro plays the information 3 times at 8 minute intervals.

As far as I know there is no way of having the scheduler instruct the
event to change from soft to hard start or vice versa.

You really have to set up your clocks and allow for everything
possible, then run the import and the system puts everything where it
should go.

Just what are you trying to achieve?

Robert