[RDD] Importing music & including timed events

Paul Hayton ph at paulhayton.co.nz
Tue May 8 03:58:17 EDT 2012

Thanks Robert for your reply.

Does anyone know if there is anything you can include in a music import file
that will make Rivendell recognise an item (song, macro etc.) as a
(hard/soft) timed event?

If I load a music log with an macro event (has a make next command in it)
timed to play at 58:30 as the last time in the hour but schedule music that
may start after it (Love Is) the log ignores the fixed time nature and adds
the macro into the new hour as a new item to segue to around 2 mins past.

My scheduling software assigns an 03 event code to songs and an 04 event
code to spots (or at least I think it considers it a spot)

I'm wondering if there are codes Rivendell would recognise assigned to an
item on an import line and say aha that's a timed event respect this time as
hard/soft?

03 010970   Everybody Have Fun Tonig 0245   05 12 12 00 54 49
03 010564   Love Is                  0213   05 12 12 00 58 54
04 050009   Make Next.               0000   05 12 12 00 58 30

Cheers, Paul.