[RDD] Auto Recovery Question

James Harrison james at talkunafraid.co.uk
Fri May 4 20:56:06 EDT 2012

Am I missing something here, or is there a reason why the user in the
studio can't just turn Rivendell off on the mixer?

I'm not aware of a graphical countdown app which behaves in the way you
want. And I'd avoid adding complexity to something which, when
unattended, really -has- to work, unless you really need to.

Running a graphical terminal window with a little script which echos
"CTRL + C TO STOP ME RUNNING RDAIRPLAY", sleeps 10s, then runs
rdairplay would be the way I'd go if I had to, though. Simple enough
and unlikely to go wrong.

Cheers,
James Harrison