[RDD] Wave Extensions

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu May 3 00:06:20 EDT 2012

On May 2, 2012, at 18:57 38, Gavin Stephens wrote:

> I was just flac'ing some tracks and noticed there's a few additional wave
> header bits on my files under bext called "levl". Is that Rivendell saving
> the cut level info when it imports cuts?

Basically correct.  A 'levl' chunk is used to store waveform visualization data, as per Broadcast Wave File spec:

	http://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3285s3.pdf

> But I'm now cautious if I do that, that I might need to re-import the audio
> if I loose something in the wave-flac-wave process that Rivendell may be
> storing in there. Even switching on flac tags, when I decode then re-encode
> the file again the bext chunk is missing since flac doesn't say anything
> about it on the second run.

No worries -- if you do need to re-import, RD will regenerate it as part of the import.  No data lost!

|    Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the road.     |
|                                          -- Anonymous                   |