[RDD] compile fails - cae_alsa.o: undefined reference to symbol pthread

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu Feb 2 10:36:15 EST 2012

On Feb 1, 2012, at 17:11 10, Wayne Merricks wrote:

> I googled a bit and came across something that
> mentioned removing the -lpthread flag from the g++ compile line (for a qt5
> dev build) but there is no sign of -lpthread in Riv.

You'll need pthreads for the ALSA and JACK drivers (not to mention JACK itself).  HPI should work without it.

However, if a distro can't deliver a working pthreads implementation, I'd be doing some serious shopping around for an alternative.

|          A room without books is like a body without a soul.            |
|                                         -- Cicero                       |