[RDD] broadcast appliance mysql troubles.

Nathan Steele nathan.steele at thecrossfm.com
Thu Jun 30 10:05:00 EDT 2011

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html

Go here, scroll down to linux downloads, REHL4 is the one you want. I
thuink I got the one with bundled dependencies.
extract the files. I only installed gui-tools and administrator (gui
tools was a requirement for administrator) i did not install the other two.
Then in a root terminal it is: rpm -i /Path/filename.rpm

so for me it was rpm -1 /mysql-gui-tools-5.0r12-rehl4-i386.rpm
and
/mysql-administrator-5.0r12-rehl4-i386.rpm

I had extracted the rpms to the root folder hence only / in the path

By the way this is the 32bit version, if you need x64 I don't know if it
will work, but there is a genereic x86\64 file that may work if this one
doesnt.

hope that helps.

nathan