[RDD] broadcast appliance mysql troubles.

VE4PER / Andy ve4per at aim.com
Thu Jun 30 02:24:33 EDT 2011

For what it might be worth Stan, I opened a terminal and did an su to
root then added a separate new user
login of my own with full admin rights etc. then when I do any work like
this, I use the start new session from the start -- logout menu
and login as that new user so anything I do is done in my own profile
and home directories rather than affect the appliance's rd user login
setup.

I just let it login as normal on startup, then start a new x session and
do the work from there without affecting whatever I have running in the
default Rd session.

of course restarting daemons etc. will affect the RD session but other
work can be done with no problems so far.