[RDD] broadcast appliance mysql troubles.

Nathan Steele nathan.steele at thecrossfm.com
Tue Jun 28 09:59:41 EDT 2011

My intended setup is to have a central server that hols audio and the
mysql database for Rivendell, and also has the audio card for playout,
with a networked workstation in the onair studio that is controlling the
playout from the server, and also a workstation in the production room
for doing spots, importing new carts, and any other production needs.
generating logs could be done anywhere, probably in production. Later
on, more studios may be added.

ok, so I could probably use VNC to accomplish the on air studio, but not
the production room, so I still have to cross this bridge (mysql) at
some point.

anyway, your step one is done......it's step two I can't get working in
broadcast appliance.