[RDD] broadcast appliance mysql troubles.

Tim Camp timc at wnsp.com
Fri Jun 24 15:50:14 EDT 2011

Keep in mind that mysql is mysql regardless of the distro.
Ok, what may have happened in all of your trials is that mysql access is
granted not only by username and password but by host as well.
If you can install and run mysql-administrator on your server you can then
add each workstation and username into mysql.

Keep in mind that I can give rduser access on local host but rduser will not
have access from any other host unless it is granted access from that host.
In my plant wide system all workstations access mysql with the same user
name and password as defined in /etc/rd.conf but the ip address or a range
of ip addresses must be given permission in mysql-server to access the
database. I hope that makes sense. Before you start all over, make sure you
have mysql username and password set to something in rd.conf on each
workstation, then use mysql-admin to grant that user access to the rivendell
database from each work station ip address.
there areThree levels of access to mysql username and password, host,
and catalog (ie rivendell) or database.
I can give access to rduser from one ip address and no other or access to
just one database and no other or from any ip to any database but they are
all seperate settings from username and password.

Hope I haven't confused you more.

Cheers

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Nathan Steele <nathan.steele at thecrossfm.com