[RDD] broadcast appliance mysql troubles.

Nathan Steele nathan.steele at thecrossfm.com
Fri Jun 24 15:29:03 EDT 2011

I had a system on RRAbuntu, exported the database from rdadmin to a usb
HDD, and copied the carts from /var/snd to the same HDD.

Installed the broadcast appliance fromt he disk I got from fred, CentOS
based.  I guess this automatically sets up mysql and all of that.  Idid
my initial updates, and then I opened up rdadmin and imported my old
database from the USB HDD, and copied my carts to /var/snd on the new
install of centos.

I had some problems then relating to host's, see my emails from
yesterday if you need to know about that. got it resolved and then today
started trying to get my workstation to connect to the database on the
server, following instructions on the WIKI, but they are mostly ubuntu
based i guess and not exactly the same line for line so I'm trying my
best. all seemed well until trying to get into mysql and no passwords
would work. telnet to the server returned access denied. I found some
instructions to reset the password in mysql, did so and set it to
rivendell for user root (just like rrabuntu) and then telnet lets me in
but rdadmin says can't connect to mysql database with that u/n & p/w.

I am afraid I've monkeyed around with it so much I've got it all screwed
up now and may have to start over with a fresh install, but I really
don't want to do that. I've started from scratch several times now, and
have deadlines approaching.

by the way I do have playout working from the server so the database
isn't totaly trashed or anything.

hope that help,

Thanks,
Nathan