[RDD] Arduino Uno GPIO

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Jun 13 11:07:37 EDT 2011

On Jun 11, 2011, at 21:36 38, Pierre-Luc Gauthier wrote:

> I have a friend to help me with the programming part and I've peeked into the MeasurementComputing GPIO Driver but I'm not quite sure were to begin.

It's pretty straightforward.  Just subclass the 'Switcher' class (declared in 'ripcd/switcher.h') and implement the appropriate virtual methods while being sure to emit the gp[i o]Changed() and gp[i o]State() signals as the hardware changes state.  See the MeasurementComputing driver in 'ripcd/local_gpio.[h cpp]' for examples.

You will also need to add the device to the matrix editing routines in RDAdmin ('add_matrix.cpp', edit_matrix.cpp' and 'list_matrices.cpp') so that the device can be configured.

|          A room without books is like a body without a soul.            |
|                                         -- Cicero                       |