[RDD] Voice Tracking - Recording

Gavin Stephens small.net.nz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 23:51:44 EST 2010

I've managed to get it recording (with no audio) on the on-air machine
after much fiddling.

My production machine though will still not record. I open up the cut
info/record interface, and hit record, but the play button does not
start to flash, so I can't start recording.

I followed an online article about networking Rivendell and I've double
checked it incase I got something wrong with NFS.

However, I can play and edit logs from the production machine. I can
also create logs and delete cuts/carts and also files from the
production machine that reside on the on-air machine. So I guess file
permission's are the problem.

I guess it's a hardware fault or something not right on the production
machine's sound card (which I use for playback).

Gavin.