[RDD] Breaking News

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:36:57 EST 2010

I am trying to figure out how to handle "Breaking News"  using RD Import
/ Catch and the Dropbox.

I want to be able to drop items in labelled BREAKING-item
name-voice.wav  and have Rivendell cart them and play them ONCE

By putting a Breaking News EVENT in every 10 minutes on the clock we can
play items as they arrive, well within 10 minutes.

Is this something I can do in Rivendell or do I need to create a a cron
job to make it happen.

I have endeavoured to get the remote desktop on the server to work  and
have been unsuccessful SUSE 10.2 does not want to allow any remote
desktop access, and given the dropbox works fine for everything else
it's not a problem.

My understanding of "one shot" in RD catch is that happens once only
ever. I want something that patrols every day.

Hopefully someone has worked this all out before!

Robert Jeffares
Big Valley Radio
Thames
New Zealand