[RDD] rdimport constant import error !!! SOLVED !!!

VE4PER/Andy ve4per at aim.com
Thu Nov 11 23:46:56 EST 2010

> rdimport --verbose --fix-broken-formats --normalization-level=-6
> --autotrim-level=-13 --metadata-pattern*=%a,%t,%l,%u* MUSIC
> "/media/##?#??##?#??????/???????? backup/var/music/*.wav" /var/snd/
was the solution for what it might be worth to others. The delimiters in
--metadata-pattern= spec have to be COMMAS. The wiki and other related
help text files would lead one to believe that once the macro is
specified that ANY standard text characters can be specified in the
formatting; such is not the case. I tried *%a-%t-%l-%u* as well as
*%a"-"%t"-"%l"-"%u* and neither worked despite the fact that the text
characters were in the filnaming convention of the original files. In
spite of it being used in the filename, and the somewhat confusing
wording in the use of 'other text characters with macros' the command
string must use COMMAS as delimiters.

Do chown so that the -R recursive owner:group of /var/music and
/var/snd  are  chown -R currentloggedinLinux user:rivendell /var/music
and  chown -R currentloggedinLinux user:rivendell /var/snd do the batch
import
as above then chown them back recursively to rduser:rivendell for both.

If you want to avoid chowning, you can do an su to rduser, but then
can't su back out when done.

Thanks for the tips fellows and sorry to be such a pest. Maybe next wrk
update on manual can clarify the wording a bit for rdimport.

aw